Director of Student & Family Support Services
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Cleveland, OH
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m. Wednesday, August 11, 2021.
Say Yes Cleveland (Say Yes) is a 25-year commitment to organize and galvanize the entire community around the goal of ensuring that every Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) and eligible charter school student not only graduates from high school – but does so with the necessary preparation and support to attain, afford and complete a postsecondary educational experience.
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Executive Director and acting as a member of the senior leadership team, the Director is responsible for the overall coordination, management, direction and oversight of family and student services supporting the Say Yes Cleveland initiative. This includes the ongoing development and maintenance of student & family services; engaging and cultivating relationships with external stakeholders including families, students, CMSD, charter school networks and service providers. The Director will be directly involved in supporting and implementing the citywide rollout of the school-based family support specialists. The Director will be an advocate for continuously expanding any supports needed by children and families to assist them in successfully reaching the goals of Say Yes for all. The Assistant Director for Student and Family Support Services reports to this Director.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Coordinate and management of family and student support services
- Oversee the hiring, training and onboarding of Family Support Specialists
- Lead the development and implementation of the roll-out of Family Support Specialists
- Schedule, implement, and periodically suggest new community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with other Directors to meet the needs of the organization and advance the work
- Maintains confidentiality regarding privileged department and agency information
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
- Recognize and value diversity within the work environment and establish an inclusive work environment in which each staff member can achieve his/her full potential
- Respect the confidential nature of certain information that will be revealed during work performance. When working directly with private data, abide by the specific procedures and policies outlined by both Ohio State and Federal regulations
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects as assigned
- Represent the organization at various community activities, professional associations and events
- Master’s degree in a field related to schooling, teaching and learning, or child development and counseling.
- At least five years of experience working directly with or in support of urban public schools and systems
- A passion for Say Yes Cleveland’s mission and vision
- Experience with community engagement in urban settings
- Previous experience of working effectively in collaboration with a range of external agencies and partners and people
- Experience of public speaking and delivering presentations
- Experience with managing conflicting views in a confident, assertive, and diplomatic manner
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Computer related-skills and expertise in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with diverse groups in a professional and appropriate manner
- Self-motivated and result-orientated, with the ability to work towards achieving specific outcomes independently or with a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, high integrity with an adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions and resolve problems
- Must be mobile and able to attend events; in possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Extensive leadership and administrative experience