Assistant Director, Student and Family Support Services
Reports To: Director of Student and Family Support Services
Location: Cleveland, OH
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by 5 p.m. Monday, November 30.
The Assistant Director for Student & Family Support Services will work in partnership with, and report to the Director for Student & Family Support Services. In doing such, the assistant director (AD) is responsible for supervision, coaching, process improvements, training, problem solving and dealing with the day-by-day challenges of the school-based Family Support Specialists (FSS). As a member of the administrative team of Say Yes, the assistant director will directly support the work of FSS, troubleshooting issues, working directly with principals and school leadership and providing temporary local supports when required. Overall, your role is to ensure that the FSS are supported, engaged and effective. You will lead through supervision, coaching and managing people and processes.
- Multilingual (specifically in Spanish and English)
- A deep familiarity and feel for the City of Cleveland
- Comfortable using technology
- Able to start immediately
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field (e.g. counseling, education, etc.);
- Minimum of 10 years of field experience working with children and families in urban schools;
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory and managerial experience;
- At least 5 years working in, with, or in support of traditional urban or public charter schools;
- Experience working directly with school district/building, philanthropic and/or civic leadership;
- Live within the greater Cleveland metropolitan area;
- Must have car and be able to travel between Cleveland schools.