Director of Advancement
Reports To:Executive Director of Say Yes Cleveland
Location: Cleveland, OH
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Midnight, Tuesday, January 26.
The Say Yes Cleveland Scholarship Board and the Executive Director of Say Yes Cleveland seek a Director of Advancement to secure $32 million in funding. These funds will complete the goal of raising $125 million in support of Say Yes Scholarships. These funds will be added to the funds already committed by the community which total $93 million.
- Work closely with the Scholarship Board’s Fiscal and Contract Oversight Committee Chair and the Executive Director of Say Yes Cleveland to manage and drive various development initiatives.
- Serve as a point of contact, along with the Executive Director, for major donors.
- Manage all aspects of fundraising including stewarding prospects, managing annual donation cycles, and overseeing timely acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Organize and execute Annual Fund and Year-End Giving appeals.
- Continue the stewardship of foundation relations including writing and submitting grant proposals and completing all interim and final grant reports.
- Provide ongoing stewardship of key corporate relationships.
- Ensure all sponsorship deliverables are met in accordance with contract terms.
- Work closely with the CFO to manage donor database, including the proper input of gifts, and constituents.
- Cultivate endowment gifts.
- Produce and distribute annual report.
- Schedule and plan donor stewardship events.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, sales, and special events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – more specifically in manipulating excel data and executing mail merges as well as Power Point
- Experience with foundation grant writing
- Understanding of basic non-profit finance
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, Attention to Detail and Strong Program Management Skills
- Value collaboration and willing to perform both as an individual contributor and part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package with bonus opportunities as agreed upon by the successful candidate and Say Yes Cleveland.